Banana Oatmeal Muffins

Monday, March 2, 2015






Today I am going to post my 1st recipe!!


Preheat oven to 400º F

Grease the muffin pan or the muffin liners, whichever you choose to use.  I just use the muffin pan so I don't loose any goodness to the muffin liners  :)

2 Bananas 
2 cup Oats (any kind will work)
2 eggs
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Cinnamon 

(you can add chocolate chips, raisins or nuts too)

Mix together all the ingredients in a blender or large food process.  I used a Ninja to mix together all the ingredients to make sure that the oats get good and chopped.  If you add chocolate chips or raisins you will want to add to badder after mixed in the blender.  Unless of course you like them to get butchered lol



These muffins aren't going to rise very much so it is okay to fill a little over 3/4 way full. 

Bake for 15-20 minutes. 

Calories= 1741 for the whole batch!  That's 145 calories for each one if you make a dozen.  Yeah, I did that math for you, I got your back :)  
Now keep in mind, these are no-flour so the carbs are from oats (I used old fashioned) and oats are whole grain!! 


Even this little guy was trying to get 2nds and 3rds 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! thank you just made banana bread for the 1st time EVER :) my kids are 15 and 16 haha need to start baking more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were so good! I love making banana bread! If I baked more I'd probably weigh 30 more lbs! LOL

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)