Oops...

Thursday, February 26, 2015



  I know that everyone knows I am new to this blogging thing.  I guess I didn't really think about it but I hadn't gotten any comments yet.  Therefore, I didn't know what happened when I got one… I thought I would be notified by my Google+ acct or by email, maybe phone call or voice mail… Anything!

NOPE!

   The other day I was looking at some of the settings and selected to share comments with Google+.  I figured why not, my blogger acct had already been linked to my Google+ acct.  Little did I realize that there were ways that things had to be done in order for even ME to see the comment.  Not to mention that in order to comment you HAD to have a Google+ acct!  I want everyone to be able to comment on my blog!

   Here is the "About Google+ Comments" that I found:

Features of Google+ Comments

Google+ Comments look similar to traditional Blogger comments, but have some important differences. For example:
  • When you leave a comment on a blog, you'll see the option, checked by default, to also share that comment to Google+.
  • Google+ posts that link to blog posts will show up as a comment underneath those blog posts
  • If original comment is shared to Google+, replies to the comment on the blog will show up in Google+ and vice versa, but only to the people that the original comment was shared with
  • If a comment is not shared with the blog author, the blog author will not be able to see the comment in either location
  • As the author of a post, you’ll receive Google+ notifications when readers comment on or share your blog post.

Uuuhhh What?!

Needless to say, my blogger acct is no longer linked to my Google+ & anyone is welcome to view and comment on my blog as they please!  Don't get me wrong, I still love Google+, I just know that everyone is on that ship with me.  I figured I needed to share this incase anyone else is thinking of clicking random boxes.

***Sorry to all of the people that commented on my blog today that didn't and will not be showing up. I still appreciate the thought even though I don't know who or what what said :)



1 comment:

  1. I'll comment again and you let me know that this one shows up :) Blogging is a great way to build your online real estate, it will work for you today and on into the future, if you ever wonder how to optimize and make extra money blogging .. lets connect :) Great job on this!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)